Animal Control Services are provided to Burnaby by the British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BCSPCA).
These services include:
- The investigation of animal abuse, barking dogs and dog bites
- The rescue of stray animals and the adoptions of animals
- Cremation services, although euthanasia services are no longer provided
The Burnaby SPCA – Community Animal Shelter is located at 3202 Norland Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5B 3A6.
- 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday
with viewing and adoption from 12 noon - 5:30 PM
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Saturday-Sunday
with viewing and adoption from 12 noon - 4:30 PM
- Closed all statutory holidays
Phone: 604-291-7201, after-hours emergency 604-879-7343
Contact Us For:
Lost and Found Pets
If you have found a dog with a Burnaby dog licence tag, please contact us at 604-294-7320 to get information about matching this pet with its owner. On weekends and for other found animals, please contact the Burnaby SPCA at 604-291-7201.
If you have lost a pet, please contact the Burnaby SPCA.
Reports of barking dogs must be submitted in writing to be accepted by the BCSPCA. These reports must include the following information:
- Location of barking dog in Burnaby
- Dates and times of occurrence
- Your name, address and daytime phone number
New Kitten or Cat?
Burnaby offers a $15.00 rebate when you spay or neuter your kitten or cat. To receive the rebate, bring your cat's spay or neuter certificate to the BCSPCA along with proof of your Burnaby residency. There is a limit of two rebates per household.
If you are unable to get to the Burnaby SPCA in person or if you require additional information, please contact the Licence Office at 604-294-7320 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being a responsible pet owner.