Municipalities require parking enforcement to maintain legal parking, regulate traffic movement and to ensure the public safety.
This page gives some information on why you may have received a ticket while parked in Burnaby. To report illegal parking, learn more about parking restrictions or requesting lane space please visit our Parking FAQ.
Issued a Ticket?
If it wasn't explained on your ticket, the reason why can be found inside one of:
- The Burnaby Parking Meter Bylaw - for regulations on parking in a metered space.
- The Burnaby Street and Traffic Bylaw - for most parking regulations
The following violations are also outlined in the Bylaw documents linked just above. You could get a ticket for:
- Parking without payment at a meter
- Got an RV, camper or trailer? Parking is restricted on street
- Parking on a street outside approved stop times
- Park too close to a stop sign or crosswalk (six metres), Fire Hydrant (five metres) or in a bus zone
- Being too far (greater than 30 centimetres away) from the curb
- Parking same side as school 8 AM – 5 PM
- Parking for advertising, wrecking, storing, or repairing
- Having more than 3 motorcycles in a metered space
- Parking where stopping or parking is prohibited