City-Wide Garage Sale Day Event
When: Saturday, June 8, 2013
Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm
To encourage the reuse and recycling of household items, the City of Burnaby, as part of the City's annual Environment Week celebration, invites residents of single and two-family homes, multi-family complexes* and non-profit groups to participate in a City-Wide Garage Sale Day Event.
Here's How it Works
- Residents are invited to host their own garage sales to take place on Saturday, June 8, 2013 9:00am to 1:00pm (you can sell items after 1:00pm).
- Participants must register with the City by Monday, May 27th, 2013.
- Once registered, the City will promote participating garage sales on the City website, at Civic Facilities and in the local newspapers. It's that easy!
* Please Note: If you live in a multi-family complex (apartment, condo, townhome) please ask your Property Manager/Strata/Property Owner/Co-op to complete the "Multi-family complex authorization form". The City only requires one multi-family complex authorization form per complex and is unable to register your garage sale until we receive this additional form.
How To Register
- Register Online by Monday, May, 27th, 2013
- Download the Registration Form and drop off/mail to:
City Hall - 4th Floor Engineering Department
4949 Canada Way, Burnaby
- Pick up a registration form at: Burnaby City Hall, Public Libraries and Recreation Facilities.
Check back soon for a map and list of all garage sale locations.
Garage Sale Day Event Resources
- Multi-Family Authorization Form
- Garage Sale Checklist & Tips
- Garage Sale Guide to Donating Locally
- Garage Sale Sign
Help keep stuff out of the garbage by reusing, reselling or giving items away!