Local Government Awareness Week
May 20-24, 2013 is Local Government Awareness Week in B.C. This week helps you ‘get to know’ your local government, and to learn more about the many programs and services that the City of Burnaby provides.
This year, the theme is ‘Support Burnaby Business’ to highlight the role the City plays in economic development and to celebrate the many excellent businesses that call Burnaby home. Burnaby is also lucky to be home to the dynamic Burnaby Board of Trade, and to active business associations, including the Heights Merchants Association.
Here’s how you can participate to ‘Support Burnaby Business’:
- Read the Proclamation and spread the word!
- Buy Burnaby. By choosing to support Burnaby-based businesses you are supporting the health of the local economy. This helps to keep Burnaby vibrant, and a great place to live for everyone. For more information about how this works, please click here.
- Did you know that the Burnaby Board of Trade has a Member Directory that helps you search for Burnaby-based businesses in a wide range of services – with everything from ‘advertising and media’ to ‘sports and recreation’? Find it here and get searching!
- Want to explore the Heights? With great restaurants and shops, the Heights Merchants Association Business Directory will help you find everything you might need in the area.
- Getting to know North Road? The North Road Business Association Business Directory has all the options you’ll need in north-east Burnaby.
- Drop by the Burnaby Board of Trade display at City Hall (4949 Canada Way), or the City of Burnaby Tourism Booth at Metropolis at Metrotown (beside the Food Court on the Upper Level), to learn more about how you can support Burnaby businesses.
- Visit our website and follow us on Facebook or Twitter. Starting on May 20th, visit daily for a new fun fact to help you learn more about Burnaby’s fascinating economic history.