February 19: Planned Outage of Websites and Online Services for Maintenance

Posted February 17, 2017

On Sunday, February 19 from 6:00-11:00 AM, the following websites and online services will not be available while system maintenance is performed. Websites and online services may become available during this time frame, but may be subject to intermittent availability. We thank you for your patience.

  • WebReg - program registration for recreation and arts activities
    (Additional planned outage takes place Sunday, February 19 from 10:00 PM until 2:00 PM Monday, February 20)
  • eAgenda - agendas, minutes, reports for Council, Board, Committee and Commission meetings
  • Dog Licences - renewals  
  • Portal Login - for tenants of city owned properties and city employees
    (This service will be restored at 8:00 AM Monday, February 20)
 > Home > City Services > Building > Permit Processing > Signs

City Services

Was this page helpful? Yes | No


All signs need to be approved by the Burnaby Building Department and must comply with the Sign Bylaw. Signs can be temporary or permanent. They include all structures and advertisements that are visible from a street and used to attract the public’s attention.

The Building Department has put together a Sign Approval brochure and Sign Approval Application to help you with the approval process. Your sign may require additional permits or forms; you can access a complete index of Building applications and brochures by clicking the images linked on the right of this page.

Heights Sign with Hastings Street at Dusk

Signs for Your Business or Industry

Businesses wishing to advertise a message to the general public may be interested in learning more about

These signs require additional permits and require that you to fill out additional applications. For further assistance, please Contact the Building Department.