New Rezoning and Subdivision Servicing Agreement
Burnaby has a new Rezoning and Subdivision Servicing Agreement, which clarifies and improves the Engineering requirements and process. Supporting templates and documentation have also been developed to provide simplicity and consistency.
Templates provided below are formatted Microsoft Office Word and Excel files. Click the links to download, open and save the templates to your device.
Overall Process Summary
|Description||Identifying Servicing Requirements and finalize supporting documentation||Construct required infrastructure per approval conditions using the supervision of a professional engineer||Provide certificate of inspection and final infrastructure drawings||Review, repair, and replace infrastructure and landscaping as necessary|
|Templates / Documentation
|Payments and Releases||
What is New?
- Simplified and standardized documentation
- New Engineering Design Criteria, which will include standard drawings and specifications for RMA's.
- New drawing production and asset data submission standard
NOTE: Progress payment standards and WBS element references do not apply to Land Development Projects.
- Additional involvement required by Developer’s or Owner’s Engineering consultant
- Professional liability insurance required
- Coordinate design and construction, including third-party utilities
- During construction
- Provide inspection services, including written weekly reports
- Submit design changes for City approval
- Submit deficiency list for City approval
- After construction
- Provide certificate of inspection
- Submit inspector print drawings (and as-built drawings)
- During the maintenance period
- Provide written status reports every three months
- There is a time limit to complete the works
- The owner/developer is required to maintain sufficient insurance
- If the owner/developer defaults on the conditions of the agreement, the City may utilize the bonding to complete the works
If you have any questions or would like to review a copy of the detailed legal agreement, please follow up with the following staff: