City Services

Was this page helpful? Yes | No

Encroachment Requirements

Any individual or firm wishing to do work in or abutting a street, boulevard, alley, sidewalk, park, terrace, or other property controlled or owned by the City (including right-of-ways) must complete and submit the Encroachment Application and Permit Agreement to the Engineering Department for approval. Contact us through the Engineering General Enquiries Line.

Work projects include geotechnical or environmental investigation on City land, installations, repairs,maintenance and investigation of a testpit, monitoring well, borehole, vacuum-hole, minor excavation or any other non-intrusive work in an Encroachment area.

  • Geotechnical, Environmental or other investigative work will be reviewed by the Environmental Services Division.
  • Third-party utility installation, driveway access or other minor works will be reviewed by the Infrastructure and Development Services Division.

Additional Information and Links

  • Engineering Permits

    Public Works - WaterMoreFind out who to contact and how to get a permit.
  • Green Initiatives

    MoreClean, sustainable practices that keep our environment strong.