Pre-Authorized Debit Plan (PAD)
Effective immediately, Pre-Authorized Payment plan (PAP) is known as Pre-Authorized Debit plan (PAD). Existing PAP enrolment will not be affected unless there is a change of bank accounts.
- Owners who prepaid their 2017 taxes, earned interest at the prime rate less 2.5% (with minimum 0.5%).
- Pre-Authorized Debit is applied to utility charges and garbage disposal fees (due March 15) and the balance to property taxes (due July 5).
- To enrol, change or cancel from PAD, download the fillable Pre-Authorized Debit Application Form.
If you choose Pre-Authorized Debit, please complete and return the form in full with signature and initials where indicated, along with a copy of a void cheque.
Application must be received by the 22nd of the month to take effect in the following month.
Changes or Cancellation on Existing PAD
To change or cancel Pre-Authorized Debit, please complete and return the form in full with signature and initials where indicated. If there is a change of bank accounts, please include a copy of a VOID cheque.
Changes or cancellations must be received by the 22nd of the month to take effect the following month.
Please send the form and/or the void cheques to the Tax Office by fax at 604-294-7153 or mail to 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1M2.
Remember, if you are eligible you must claim your Home Owner Grant even if your taxes are paid by PAD, Online/Telebanking or your mortgage company to avoid penalty.
- You can claim your Home Owner Grant online
- You can forward your completed Home Owner Grant application to the Tax Office
- Do this on or before the July due date
For information on the Pre-Authorized Debit plan, phone the Tax Office at 604-294-7350.