Awareness and Education
A series of educational pamphlets are available to the public on emergency preparedness. These FREE pamphlets are available at all Burnaby Public Library branches.
Request an Emergency Preparedness Presentation
The Burnaby Emergency Program Office offers free presentations on personal emergency preparedness to interested groups, businesses, residents and neighbourhoods.
Emergency Preparedness Workshops
Ensure that you, your family and your neighbourhood are prepared before a disaster strikes. Learn how to minimize home hazards, assemble emergency supplies and develop a family reunion plan by attending one of these free workshops in the Fall.
The Burnaby Emergency Program is involved in numerous education events. These include:
- Emergency Preparedness Week, annually during the first full week of May
- Great British Columbia ShakeOut, annually on the 3rd Thursday in October
- Bonsor Multi-Cultural Festival, Bonsor Centre, annually in June
- Edmonds City Fair & Car Show, Edmonds Street, annually in July
- SFU Kids Safety Day, Academic Quadrangle at SFU, annually in July
- Wesburn Family Picnic, Wesburn Park, annually in August
- Kensington Community Fair, Kensington Park, annually in August
- Willingdon Community Fair, Willingdon Park, annually in August
- Friends of Alta Vista Picnic, Alta Vista Park, annually in September
You can also use our Resources and Links for more information and learn more about Emergency Preparedness programming.