Closure/Hooding of a Metered Space
Closing off the street due to construction, work or special event? If that street has meters regulating the parking, you will need to pay for those spaces to temporarily hood and close off the parking. Additional fees may apply if signage is required. Please contact Parking Services at email@example.com, or call 604-297-4913 for more information.
- Liability insurance in the minimum amount of $2 million.
Requirements for a Temporary POD-Container
Construction bins or site trailers which have been approved for placement on City streets must also adhere to the following conditions:
- Display the Company name and contact number in lettering not less than 7.5 centimetres high.
- Be made as visible as possibly using reflective tape or delineators meeting the following standards:
- Each side must have equally spaced 5 centimetre horizontal strips placed 75 centimetres from the ground covering 50% of the side
- Each end must have two vertical lines of equally spaced strips running 1.0 metre high and one solid line of tape horizontally placed 75 centimetres from the ground
- Not be placed within 15.0 metres of a crosswalk or within 6.0 metres from any lane or driveway
- Only be placed in legal parking areas. No travel lanes, bus stops or fire zones can be considered. If parking signs need to be amended the cost shall be born by the applicant
For more information on requests for a construction bin or site trailer, visit our Temporary POD-Containers page.
Note: The City reserves the right to access the roadway for any reason, and cancel the occupancy if it feels there is a hazard or nuisance to the public. Payment does not guarantee uninterrupted occupancy. Applications for extensions can be made but the processing fee will be reapplied.