COVID-19 Impacts in Burnaby

 > Home > City Services > Roads & Traffic > Requests > Traffic Control Permit

City Services

Was this page helpful? Yes | No

Traffic Control Permit

Fees and Process for Lane Closure Requests

A non-refundable fee of $105.50 for the first week and $52.25 per additional week is required for all Traffic Control Permits (previously known as Lane Closure Requests) to help cover administration and inspection costs.

You will be sent an invoice on receipt of your completed form and the application will be assessed after payment is received. Existing fees for noise variances, signage requirements and hooding parking meters will also continue to be applied.

No person shall close a street, or portion thereof, or restrict or divert traffic, without authorization from the City of Burnaby as per the City’s Street and Traffic Bylaw. Any construction zone on a roadway must conform to regulations outlined in the Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways.

Submitting Your Request

You can apply online or you can download and print your Traffic Control Permit request form.

Requests can be submitted in person during office hours, 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM Monday to Friday at the City’s Engineering Department or e-mailed to the Traffic Department at For more information please call Engineering General Enquiries at 604-294-7460.

  • Traffic Control Permit Online Request Form

    Roads - Maintenance 1MoreApply for your permit online! (previously Lane Closure requests)
  • Lane Closure for Special Events

    Santa Clause ParadeMoreFind out about closing lanes for an event.
  • Engineering Permits

    Public Works - WaterMoreFind out who to contact and how to get a permit.