City Rental Property Management
The City of Burnaby acquires property for future community development. If the properties are not immediately required and they contain suitable houses, the homes are made available for tenanting on a temporary basis.
City Rental Properties Are:
- Located throughout Burnaby and vary in age, style and size
- Offered on a month to month basis at market rents
- Governed by the Residential Tenancy Act and its regulations
- Managed by the Licence Office (Real Property Administration Office) and maintained by the City's Facilities Management Department (with an assigned maintenance coordinator)
Tenants are Responsible For:
- Payment of rent on or before the first day of each month
- Utility charges (electricity and gas); cable and internet service, telephone
- Supplying their own household appliances and window coverings
- Payment of a security deposit equal to one half months' rent
- Participating in Pre-Tenancy and End of Tenancy Condition Inspections
- Participating periodic property inspections by the Landlord
- Signing the "Home Owner Grant" application at the request of the Landlord (government provisions allow occupiers of city owned residential property to do this)
City rental property vacancies are typically advertised on Craigslist or on this website in the space below:
Assistance With a Rental Property
City tenants requiring maintenance service should contact Facilities Management.
City tenants with questions about their tenancy should contact the Licence Office.