The City of Burnaby acquires property for future community development. If the properties are not immediately required and they contain suitable houses, the homes are made available for tenanting on a temporary basis.
City Rental Properties Are:
- Located throughout Burnaby and vary in age, style and size
- Offered at market rents
- Offered on a month to month basis with the tenancy period subject
to landlord discretion
- Governed by the Residential Tenancy Act and its regulations
Tenants are Responsible For:
- Utility charges and yard maintenance
- Supplying their own household appliances and window coverings
- Payment of a security deposit equal to one half months rent
- Agreement to dwelling condition inspection at the start of the tenancy
- Allowing periodic property inspections by the landlord
Assistance With a Rental Property
City tenants requiring maintenance service should contact Facilities Management.
City tenants with questions about their tenancy should contact the Licence Office.
Not a City-Owned Property Tenant?
If you are not a tenant of a city-owned property, but are looking for assistance with maintenance, repairs, and concerns about your rental building in Burnaby, the first person to contact is your landlord or building manager.
If that person is unable or unwilling to help, a tenant can contact a City Department or outside agency. Contact Information for Tenants in Burnaby is a contact list index for parking, pest control, disruptive neighbours, maintenance, repairs and tenancy issues.
Information is available in several languages: