Wind Storm Updates

Posted August 30, 12:05 PM

Power Outages

BC Hydro estimates crews to have the power restored to the majority of remaining customers in Burnaby by 8:00 PM Sunday, August 30. Visit for current updates or view the outage list. To report an outage, call 1 888 POWERON (1 888 769 3766), or *49376 (*HYDRO) from any cell phone.

Fallen Trees

City crews continue to remove trees and clean up storm debris from priority areas. To report an emergency situation, such as trees blocking roads or driveways, or trees appearing to be unstable, please call Engineering Dispatch at 604-294-7200. Minor issues can be reported on Monday to Engineering at 604-294-7460.

Traffic Lights Out

Until power is restored at intersections where traffic lights are out, please remember to use the 4-Way Stop procedure.

 > Home > Doing Business > Business With Burnaby > Property Management

Property Management

The City of Burnaby acquires property for future community development. If the properties are not immediately required and they contain suitable houses, the homes are made available for tenanting on a temporary basis.

City Rental Properties Are:

  • Located throughout Burnaby and vary in age, style and size
  • Offered at market rents
  • Offered on a month to month basis with the tenancy period subject
    to landlord discretion
  • Governed by the Residential Tenancy Act and its regulations

Tenants are Responsible For:

  • Utility charges and yard maintenance
  • Supplying their own household appliances and window coverings
  • Payment of a security deposit equal to one half months rent
  • Agreement to dwelling condition inspection at the start of the tenancy
  • Allowing periodic property inspections by the landlord

Rental property vacancies are advertised in newspapers and on Craigslist. For information regarding a specific rental property or the rental program in general, please contact the Licence Office.

Rental property

Assistance With a Rental Property

City tenants requiring maintenance service should contact Facilities Management.

City tenants with questions about their tenancy should contact the Licence Office.  

Not a City-Owned Property Tenant?

If you are not a tenant of a city-owned property, but are looking for assistance with maintenance, repairs, and concerns about your rental building in Burnaby, the first person to contact is your landlord or building manager.

If that person is unable or unwilling to help, a tenant can contact a City Department or outside agency. Contact Information for Tenants in Burnaby is a contact list index for parking, pest control, disruptive neighbours, maintenance, repairs and tenancy issues.

Information is available in several languages:

Department Contacts