Discovery Place - BCIT
Discovery Place - BCIT was opened in 1979 to accommodate advanced scientific and technological research activities. It is centrally located between the Metrotown and Brentwood Town Centres and is well served by public transit, Canada Way, Willingdon Avenue, and Highway #1.
Discovery Place – BCIT is now home to major firms including Clarius, Electronic Arts Canada, HSBC Canada (software development centre), Knowledge Network, Kodak Graphics Communications Canada, LifeLabs (formerly MDS Metro Laboratory), Pacific Blue Cross, PMC-Controls, Tantalus Systems, Xantrex Technology, and Xenon Pharmaceuticals.
- 80+ acres
- Opened in 1979
- Mostly developed
- Focus on high-tech industries
- Floor Area Ratios range from 0.22 to 1.34
- Adjacent to the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Good access to Highway #1, Willingdon and Canada Way
- Connections to Gilmore SkyTrain Station via bus route #129 and to the Brentwood SkyTrain Station via bus route #25
- Amenities include jogging trails, public open space and access to facilities at BCIT
- Convenient access to Metrotown and Brentwood Town Centres