Lake City Business Centre
The Lake City Business Centre is located on Lougheed Highway just west of Gaglardi Way. This Business Centre was first developed as a heavy industrial park in the 1950's and 60's. The adopted guide plan envisions a business centre focussing on office, high-technology, and specialized uses.
Lake City Business Centre is now home to AECOM, ALS Environmental, Amgen, Glentel (corporate headquarters), Global TV, Golden Boy Foods, H.Y. Louie Company, Library and Archives Canada, Mammoth Studios, Microsemi (formerly PMC Sierra), Peregine, Photon Control, Qwick Media, Source Medical/Cardinal Health, Spectrum Signal Processing (Canadian headquarters), Squirrel Systems (head office), Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Company (head office), TM Engineering, Traction on Demand, and William F. White International.
- 400 acres
- Opened in 1952
- Significant redevelop potential - older light and heavy industrial uses to more employment intensive business centre uses
- Existing Floor Area Ratios range from 0.3 to 1.2
- Redevelopment potential on sites occupied by older buildings
- Adopted guide plan in place for a business centre focussing on office, high-tech and specialized uses
- Floor Area Ratios proposed in adopted concept plan are in the range of 1.0 to 1.5
- Excellent access to transit served by two SkyTrain Stations - the Production Way/ University SkyTrain Station and the Lake City SkyTrain Station
- Convenient access from Lougheed Highway, Gaglardi Way and Highway #1
- Close to Simon Fraser University and Lougheed Town Centre
- Amenities include walking and bicycle paths, Burnaby Mountain Golf Course, restaurants, and commercial services