Who We Are
The Shops and Equipment Division is responsible for the repair and maintenance of over 300 Engineering and Parks vehicles and equipment ranging from pickup trucks to backhoes, street sweepers, tandem axle dump trucks, turf care equipment and snow removal equipment.
The primary function of the division is to provide quality repair and maintenance services in a professional and cost effective manner that ensures safe and reliable vehicles for the user departments.
What We Do
- Provide scheduled maintenance and repair to a diverse portfolio of larger equipment classes and vehicles
- Provide capital asset planning with respect to vehicle acquisition and life cycle replacement strategies
- Meet user needs by developing specifications to right-size the fleet and ensure the most cost effective and fuel efficient equipment is purchased
- Provide and maintain a City fuel dispensing system
- Adhere to vehicle and equipment safety requirements
- Provide welding fabrication and repairs for City Departments
Inspections are performed by mechanics authorized by Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) as Authorized Inspectors (AIs) at the City's garage facility.
We can be contacted directly: