Who We Are
Financial Services oversees all Accounting and Payroll activities for the City of Burnaby.
What We Do
- Provides accurate and complete recording as well as control and authorization compliance for financial transactions.
- Provides guidance within policy guidelines on expense and travel reimbursement claims.
- Manages expenditure payments for purchase orders and direct invoices as well as accounts payable inquiries.
- Oversees period-end reporting processes and year-end audit review procedures including statutory filings and the provision of the Annual Statement of Financial Information.
- Provides 26 regular bi-weekly payrolls to City employees and indemnity payments for Mayor and Council each year.
- Processes off-cycle payments as needed, issues T4 slips at year-end and support for payroll inquiries.
- Administers or assists with City sponsored programs and campaigns such as United Way, Canada Savings Bonds and the Salary Savings Program.
General and Accounts Payable Inquiries: 604-294-7334
Manager, Payroll Services