Who We Are
Revenue Services provides the follow City financial support services: administration of billing for property taxation, utilities, and business licencing; and the collection of City revenues. The division also manages the City’s commercial and residential property rental and leasing program, animal control services, and bylaw enforcement services.
What We Do
- Provides policy and procedures for the collection of City revenues.
- Monitors revenue activity, providing reports to management and Council as required.
- Responsible for the City's Point of Sale and Revenue Collection Systems.
- Responsible for the collection of property tax, utilities (water and sewer), commercial refuse and false alarm charges.
- Administers collection of taxes on behalf of five other Taxing Authorities: Provincial School Taxes, Translink, Municipal Finance Authority, Metro Vancouver and B.C. Assessment.
- Provides the central revenue receipting services for satellite locations such as RCMP, Burnaby Public Library and the Recycling Yard.
- Administers key services for local residents, including the Provincial Home Owner Grant and Tax Deferment programs.
- Provides Business Licencing for Burnaby and non-residents contractors working in Burnaby and administers the City's participation in the Metro West Inter-Municipal Business Licencing program.
- Provides Commercial Vehicle Licencing for commercial vehicles as part of the Provincial program.
- Provides Dog Licencing for animals over six months, with a maximum of three dogs per household.
- Partners with the BC Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BCSPCA) to provide animal control and welfare services from the Burnaby Animal Shelter including education, sheltering rescued animals, fostering of animals and animal adoptions, and ensuring compliance with the Animal Control Bylaw and the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act.
- Provides property management services for City-owned residential and commercial properties available for lease or rent.
- Manages lease agreements in accordance with applicable tenancy and leasing law.
Revenue Business Services Project Team
- Recommends, coordinates, and supports the implementation of Accounts Receivable applications.
- Works closely with IT project managers to support the delivery of financial revenue business solutions projects.
- Ensures compliance with general accepted accounting principles, internal City control standards, and integration controls with the City's SAP Enterprise System.
Assistant Director, Revenue Services
Manager, Revenue and Taxation
Chief Licence Inspector
Manager, Business Solutions
4949 Canada Way
Burnaby BC, V5G 1M2 | Map