City-Wide Garage Sale Day Event
To encourage the reuse and recycling of household items, the City of Burnaby, as part of the City's annual Environment Week celebration, invites residents of single and two-family homes, multi-family complexes* and non-profit groups to participate in a City-Wide Garage Sale Day Event.
When: Saturday, May 28th, 2016
Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Here's How it Works:
- Residents are invited to host their own garage sales to take place on Saturday, May 28th, 2016 and register with the City.
- Once registered, the City will promote participating garage sales on the City website, at Civic Facilities, and in the local newspapers. It's that easy!
- Registration opens April 15th, 2016 and closes May 15th, 2016. Residents can register online or pick up a registration form at Burnaby City Hall in the Engineering Department (4th floor- 4949 Canada Way) or at your local recreation centre or public library.
How to Register for the City-Wide Garage Sale Event
- Register Online
- Download the Garage Sale Registration Form (Note: Residents living in apartments, condos or town homes that wish to participate, must have their property manager or strata complete the Multi-Family Authorization Form)
- Pick up an application form at your local library or recreation centre.
Submit Your Garage Sale Applications to:
Mail: 4th Floor Engineering
4949 Canada Way
Burnaby, BC V5G 1M2
Garage Sale Resources
Help keep stuff out of the garbage by reusing, reselling or giving items away!