Burnaby Village Museum is transformed into a magical world bathed in breathtaking colour, with talking crows, invisible bands and photo-bombing ghouls as part of Eerie Illusions, a Halloween event unlike anything else in Metro Vancouver.
Utilizing state-of-the-art lighting, projections, soundscapes and special effects, Eerie Illusions will amaze and astound visitors of all ages, and showcase Burnaby Village Museum's 10 acre venue as it has never been seen before.
The fun starts when two eager children discover a book of magical spells, unleashing a torrent of enchantments throughout the Village. As the children work to set things right, the Village is overrun with unruly spirits, chatty crows and portals to different dimensions and times. Visitors will encounter unique displays, activations and surprises as they explore the Village on a quest to return things to normal.
This self-guided family friendly Halloween experience is suitable for all ages. Purchase your tickets in advance.
Take-out food is available for purchase from our on-site café. In addition, there will be food trucks on site selling snacks such as candy apples and popcorn.
Event runs rain or shine, please dress for the weather as this is an outdoor event.
Dates & times
October 22-23, 5-11 pm
October 24-28, 6-10 pm
October 29-31, 5-11 pm
Last entry is 1 hour prior to closing. The experience is designed to take approximately 45-65 minutes to experience, but everyone is able to go at their own pace and take the time they need.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- As an outdoor event, BC Vaccine card is not required for entry.
- Masks are required in all indoor spaces.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Respect and follow directions of staff at all times.
- Anyone not following safety guidelines or directions from staff will be asked to leave.
What you need to know
- For everyone’s safety, there will be no pick ups or drop offs (including taxi/ride share) in the BVM Parking lot. Please arrange an alternate drop off/pick up location.
- Enter through our Main Entrance off of Canada Way and Sperling Avenue.
- Bring either your printed ticket or e-ticket with barcode.
- There is limited free parking around the venue. If possible, we recommend arriving by public transit.
- Working service animals are permitted on site. Pets are not allowed.
- Carousel rides will not be available.
- Trick or treating will not be taking place.
- There are no exchanges or refunds offered for this event.
- Burnaby Village Museum is a smoke free site and smoking and vaping of any substance are not permitted.