If you live in the Fraser Health region, use the COVID-19 assessment tool and get tested as soon as you have COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones. Please don't wait.
- To book a COVID-19 testing appointment, complete a COVID-19 test booking form.
- To find information about test collection centres, visit Fraser Health's website.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, visit fraserhealth.ca/positive to learn what to do next.
Immunization clinics in Burnaby are overseen by our local health authority, Fraser Health. Immunization bookings are managed by the Province of BC.
There are three steps to get vaccinated. Register when it’s your turn, book an appointment and get the vaccine. To register online, visit www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.
What the City is doing
The City of Burnaby works closely with, and following the direction of, Fraser Health Authority, Health Emergency Management BC, Emergency Management BC and other organizations as information changes.
A City of Burnaby Safety Plan has been developed with guidelines, procedures and protocols to ensure safe operations as the City continues to operate facilities.
Questions and answers
By order and direction of the Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General, face masks are now required for everyone 5 years and up in all public indoor settings and masks should be worn in a manner that covers the nose and mouth. This order includes all indoor City of Burnaby facilities including City Hall, recreation centres, cultural facilities and libraries.
Activities where visitors 12 years and older will be required to show their BC Vaccine Card prior to entry at a City facility include:
- Events with more than 50 people
- Arenas when being used for organized sport (except for youth-specific sport programs)
- Exercise (including weight rooms), fitness or dance lessons
- Dining at restaurants with table service (Riverway Golf Course, Burnaby Mountain Golf Course)
Proof of vaccine will not be required at the following:
- Swimming pools (Edmonds Community Centre, Bonsor Recreation Complex, Eileen Dailly Leisure Pool, CG Brown Memorial Pool)
- Child and youth sport and recreational programs for those under the age of 22 years
- For parents, attendants, and support people acting in a service capacity
- Arenas when not being used for an event or adult sport (22 years and older) (Bill Copeland Sports Centre, Kensington Complex)
If you are unsure about proof of vaccination requirement for a particular activity, please contact the facility where the activity is being held.
As per the BC Restart plan, Burnaby City Hall is reinstating public access to City Hall on an appointment-only basis. The limited access will help to ensure visitors can continue to follow all public health guidelines. If you need assistance to connect with the right department or staff member, call the City Hall front counter at 604-294-7944, or visit our contact us page.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please use the BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool to see if you need to be tested for COVID-19. If you need to get tested, you can book an appointment at the Burnaby COVID-19 testing site. Burnaby Primary Care Network has a testing site at the BCIT Burnaby Campus, open daily from 11:30-6:30pm, seven days a week (vehicles: 11:30-6:30pm, pedestrians: 12-4:30pm, 7 days a week). The location is the parking lot B, located at the east side of the BCIT campus (enter from Carey Avenue at Canada Way). This is a testing site for those with COVID-19 symptoms, those who have a physician’s referral, or those sent by Public Health. This testing site does not provide COVID-19 testing for travel purposes.
Please note if you are asymptomatic (showing no symptoms) you will not be able to get tested without a referral.
Visit burnabypcn.ca for more information and to book your appointment. If you do not have internet access, call 604-587-3936 to book an appointment.
If you feel unwell and are unsure about your symptoms, contact your health care provider or call 8-1-1.
To report a business that is violating provincial health orders, email [email protected]. Please note that you will need to provide your name, address and phone number.