This committee collaborates with various City departments to implement and promote public safety programs and initiatives. Discover the plans, projects and programs that the City is undertaking to create a safer community.
The committee serves on behalf of Council, as an advocate for public safety, and is made up of 11 members including 3 Council members. Each member has a 3-year term with an opportunity for one renewal to a maximum of 6 years. In addition, there are 4 District Community Policy Advisory Committee representatives.
- Councillor James Wang, Chair
- Councillor Maita Santiago, Vice Chair
- Councillor Richard T. Lee, Member
- Trustee Larry Hayes, Burnaby Board of Education
- Paul Holden, Burnaby Board of Trade
- Alexandra Yallouz, Burnaby Board of Trade – Alternate
- Anne Harvey, Resident Representative
- Harvey Kooner, Resident Representative
- Linda Liu, Resident Representative
- Eric Yang, Resident Representative
- Heymann Yip, Resident Representative