Learn how we’re improving our citizens’ wellbeing and discover the support we can offer you
We’re always working to provide a better life for our citizens—from the youngest to the oldest; ensuring access to recreation for everyone; and finding ways to tackle homelessness, food security and affordable housing. See what we have to offer.
Programs for you
Seniors make up 20% of Burnaby's population. We offer helpful services and programs so they can stay independent, active and connected to our community.
Burnaby wants to give every child a great start in life–starting with quality childcare, followed by fun programs and activities as they grow.
- Housing and homelessness - We know the high cost of living and housing can cause a risk of homelessness for our citizens. That’s why we’ve developed a strategy to address challenges and create opportunities for positive change across our entire housing system.
- Affordable and accessible housing programs - We're working with senior levels of government and non-profit organizations to provide our residents with more affordable housing options.
- Food security - We’re working towards increasing food security in our city through supporting a range of urban agricultural activities like community gardens and bee-keeping.
If you’re in financial need, you can still enjoy an active lifestyle with help from these programs.
- Recreation credit program - register now for credit toward activities like swimming, skating and fitness classes.
- Free and low cost activities - see our schedule for these events and activities
- Grade 5 Be Active - all Grade 5 students can apply for a pass to free recreation activities in Burnaby