Burnaby.ca is owned and operated by the City of Burnaby (“the City”) for the purposes of informing, engaging and serving residents and local businesses, and providing those outside the city with a snapshot of Burnaby as a place to live, work, play and do business.
To ensure Burnaby.ca is easy to use and broadly accessible, it has been developed in adherence with the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
The City is committed to ensuring Burnaby.ca provides useful, informative, high-quality content. The City will:
- make reasonable efforts to keep material on Burnaby.ca current but can give no assurances in that regard
- provide a link to these guidelines from the website footer which appears on all pages of Burnaby.ca.
You are welcome to use our website if you agree to the following conditions:
- You will only use this website for personal, educational or non-commercial purposes.
- You will not use this website to infringe on the personal rights, property rights, or privacy rights of the City or others.
- You will not modify the content of the website.
- You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of this website in any way.
- Except where and then only in the manner expressly permitted, you will not upload content and you will never upload computer code of any type to this website.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property on this website and that you have only a limited right to use this website.
- You acknowledge that the City of Burnaby is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this website.
- You acknowledge that the City of Burnaby does not guarantee the accuracy of information on the website or availability of this website.
- You agree to grant the City all intellectual property rights in the content of all comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information you disclose or offer to the City through this website, or in response to solicitations from this website (collectively, the "Comments") and the City is entitled to unrestricted use of the Comments for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you.
- You agree to be bound by the laws in British Columbia, Canada with respect to your use of the website and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the website will take place exclusively in the courts of British Columbia.
If you use this website, you agree to the above Conditions of Use. If you do not agree with these Conditions of Use, you must leave this website immediately.
The City may terminate your right to use this website at any time. The City will have the right immediately to terminate your use of this website in the event of any conduct by you which the City, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of the Conditions of Use or other terms set out on this website.
Material on Burnaby.ca is intended for research purposes and private use only. Any re-use, transmission, duplication or distribution without the express written permission of the City of Burnaby is not allowed. Written requests will be evaluated by the City using the Conditions of Use and the criteria listed below.
You may request to use photos, graphics and text appearing on Burnaby.ca on your own website, publication or other electronic communications channel if that material:
- Brings positive attention to Burnaby and enhance awareness of the City's social, environmental or economic objectives.
- Promotes Burnaby as a desirable destination for working, living or playing.
- Potentially provides value to the community as a whole.
- Is only available on public areas of another website (i.e. use of material in member-only or restricted areas of a website is prohibited).
- Is periodically checked against the source material on Burnaby.ca so that any updates made by the City are also incorporated into your website.
- Is acknowledged as “Source: Burnaby.ca, City of Burnaby”.
Your request to use photos and/or graphics will be subject to the following additional conditions:
- You acknowledge that the City’s permission does not constitute the City’s endorsement of other content on your website.
- Photos/graphics shall only appear in areas of your website or publication that relate directly to the City of Burnaby and shall not be used in generic banners, advertising or other non-Burnaby related sections.
- The source of the photo or graphic will be acknowledged by including the following statement, "Photo(s) (and/or graphic(s)) used with the permission of the City of Burnaby".
- They shall not be altered or edited in any way other than resizing of the whole image (i.e. cropping, stretching, or other forms of digital or manual manipulation are not permitted).
- They shall not display the City of Burnaby logo or coat of arms without written permission.
Requests for permission to use City owned photos, graphics or text published on Burnaby.ca may be made in writing to:
|City of Burnaby
Corporate Communications and Marketing
215-4946 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 4H7
Burnaby.ca, the City of Burnaby website, is not an official statement of City policy, bylaws, practices, procedures or services, and may not be used as such. It is intended only to give general information about the City.
While reasonable efforts are made to post only accurate information, the City cannot and does not guarantee that the information posted is current or correct. The City does not warrant or make any representations as to the accuracy and/or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on its web page.
Links from the City of Burnaby’s website to third party websites are limited and governed by established guidelines that ensure that providing such links falls within our established mandate to serve the community while limiting liability risk on the part of the City. Links from the City’s website are provided for convenience and should not be construed to be an endorsement, recommendation or favouring of that entity and its products or services by the City.
Communications made through this site's email and messaging system are for convenience only and shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City or any of its officers, agents, agencies, employees or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of actions or for any other purpose.
None of the Comments you provide (see Conditions of Use) shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the City and the City shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of the Comments.
Translation services disclaimer
The official version of Burnaby.ca is the version presented in English. To allow as many visitors as possible to access and use Burnaby.ca, most of the text on Burnaby.ca can be viewed in various languages using the “select language” feature—an automated translation service powered by Google Translate.
Please note that not all text (particularly technical and legal terminology) may be translated accurately or precisely, and some services and content (such as buttons, links, images, videos, meeting minutes and reports) may not be available for translation. Anyone relying on information obtained from Google Translate does so at their own risk. The City of Burnaby has no control over the features, functions or performance of Google Translate and is not responsible for any incomplete or inaccurate translation. The City, its elected officials, officers, employees, representatives and/or agents shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of such information, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any such information, or damages incurred from the viewing, distributing, or copying of such materials.
If you are unclear about or doubt the accuracy of any translated content on Burnaby.ca, you’re encouraged to check the official English version or contact the City to confirm or obtain the correct information.