Public bids posted after May 9, 2022 are issued through the bids&tenders website, where any interested party may download the documents. All addenda, amendments, and information will be published on the bids&tenders website. It is the sole responsibility of the bidder to monitor the site and check for updates.
Public Bids posted on and before May 9, 2022 were issued through the BC Bid website, where any interested party may download the documents. All addenda, amendments, and information will be published on the BC Bid website. It is the sole responsibility of the bidder to monitor the site and check for updates.
Bid submissions–what you need to know before you bid
Submitting your bid:
- After May 9, 2022, bids are accepted through the City’s online bidding site bids&tenders. To submit bids, sign up as a registered vendor today!
- We caution interested parties not to assume that the lowest priced bid will be awarded the contract.
If you have questions about a specific bid:
If you have questions about a specific bid that has been posted after May 9, 2022 and on bids&tenders:
- Sign up as a vendor in bids&tenders
- Ask your question using the “submit a question” button directly in bids&tenders
If you have questions about a specific bid posted on or prior to May 9, 2022 and on BC Bid:
- Email [email protected]
- Include the name and number of the bid document in the subject line.
- Responses to inquiries will be made in the form of Addendums on BC Bid.
- It is the sole responsibility of the bidder to regularly check for addenda.
- Bids won't be opened in public.
- For bids posted on or before May 9, 2022 the unverified results will be posted on the City website. Check the Bid Listings and Results page.
- For bids posted after May 9, 2022 the unverified results will be posted on the bids&tenders website.
- Only the successful bidder will be contacted on conclusion of the bid process. We thank all bidders for their effort in preparing a submission and their interest in the bidding opportunity.
- When applicable, debriefings may be arranged by contacting the Procurement Services Department at [email protected]. Debriefings will only be scheduled after the award of the respective contract.
Questions and answers
We don't maintain a bidders list. Check bids&tenders instead for all of Burnaby's posted bid opportunities which may include Requests for Qualifications.
Yes, we advertise our competitions publicly on bids&tenders. The bid documents are available for downloading directly from bids&tenders.
We don't accept hard copy submissions. All submissions must be provided through bids&tenders.
For technical support, email [email protected] or call 1-800-594-4798.
No. You don't need a City of Burnaby business licence to bid, but you may need one to do business with us–view our business licence requirements.
Yes. All contractors doing work on City premises must have WorkSafe BC clearance and the appropriate insurance coverage –view Insurance & WorkSafe BC Requirements.
The City prefers to pay via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If you are a new vendor to the City, we will send you information on how to set up your invoicing for EFT payments.
In some cases, authorized City Staff may make small purchases on their City-assigned credit card.