The City of Burnaby and BC Housing are working together on a Conceptual Master Plan for the publicly owned land at the southwest corner of Kingsway and Edmonds, and are inviting residents to learn more at two virtual information sessions later this month.
This Master Plan proposes a new, complete and mixed-use community in the heart of Edmonds. In addition to replacing the two aging BC Housing Hall Towers apartment buildings (331 units), it includes the creation of:
- Over 1,400 purpose-built rental units at varying rates
- Approximately 1,000 market strata residential units
- Commercial spaces, community services, public amenities
- A new street that connects Kingsway and Edmonds
- A public plaza and garden
Any new development will take place with zero displacement for existing BC Housing tenants. This ensures current tenants can continue to live in their homes until the replacement units are ready to move into.
Virtual Information Sessions
- Tuesday, June 21 and Thursday, June 23 2022
- 5:30-7:30pm - Online via Zoom
Come learn more about the conceptual master plan for the Kingsway and Edmonds site. The same information will be presented at each session – and there will be an opportunity to share your thoughts and provide input in breakout groups. We will also be inviting you to fill out a survey, available online at Burnaby.ca/YourVoice-KingswayEdmonds beginning June 21.
Email [email protected] to RSVP in advance and receive a Zoom link.
Learn More: Burnaby.ca/YourVoice-KingswayEdmonds