Waste collection and recycling for businesses
We provide garbage, green waste and recycling collection services for commercial customers throughout the city. These include businesses, religious buildings and educational establishments. We also offer flexible scheduling, i.e. you can have our crews pick up garbage based on your needs—weekly, bi-weekly or even shorter intervals.
For service requests, cancellations or changes to the pick-up schedule, email us at [email protected] or call 604-294-7972. If you've changed addresses, you can submit a change request on your official letterhead or email us from your business email id.
- We bill you quarterly. E.g. for Jan, Feb and Mar, you'll be billed in Apr and so on.
- Payment is due 30 days from the billing date.
- There will be a 2% late payment charge if we don't receive payment by the due date.
- If you have a payment related question, call 604-294-7350 or email [email protected]urnaby.ca.
You can make a payment to the City in a variety of ways:
- Online - select Burnaby Commercial Refuse as a payee and enter your 8-digit account number.
- By mail or courier - mail your cheque and stub to the Burnaby Tax Office, 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1M2.
- In-person - pay at the Tax Office or drop your cheque at the dropbox located near the 2 entrances to the City Hall.
Ways to reduce business waste
Metro Vancouver has some great resources on waste reduction, including:
- Tip sheets, recycling signage and other useful resources for different sectors (e.g. schools, retail, janitorial services, property managers)
- Metro Vancouver Recycles lists all the recycling and waste drop-off locations.
- The Recycling Council of British Columbia (RCBC) offers various services, such as Recyclepedia and Recycling Hotline, which provides information on waste reduction, recycling, disposal and pollution prevention. For more information, contact the BC Recycling Hotline at 604-732-9253 or [email protected]. They also provide recycling Q&As and fact sheets on different waste management topics.