Book your special event at our spacious and versatile venue
Willingdon Community Centre is a multi-use recreation centre situated within Willingdon Heights Park in northwest Burnaby–a short distance west of Brentwood Town Centre.
Our bright and spacious hall is a welcoming place for family gatherings, birthday parties, receptions and more. We include free Wi-Fi and the use of our kitchen in our rental packages.
For complete details on our rental options at Willingdon Community Centre, please refer to our Hall rental information brochure.
The main hall has newly refinished hardwood flooring. It measures 220 sq. m (2,400 sq. ft.) or 18 m wide x 12 m long (60 ft. x 40 ft.), with seating for up to 100 people.
Your rental includes use of Willingdon's 4.5 m x 5 m (15 ft. x 17 ft.) kitchen with a standard fridge, oven for warming foods, three sinks, ample counter space and a microwave. It also has a pass-through window into the main hall that can be used as a bar area for licensed functions. Please bring your own tablecloths, dishes and cutlery.
Room rental days and times
- There's a minimum booking time of 4 hours minimum to 6 hours maximum for room rental.
- The booking time includes time for decorating, bringing in food and supplies, setting up DJ/music, and cleanup.
- All supplies and equipment are to be removed from the room and the building vacated by the end time shown on your rental contract.
The hall may be booked until midnight. However, please wrap up your event no later than 11 pm to ensure cleanup is complete and your party has vacated the facility by midnight.
The hall is closed to the public on Sundays. You can book the hall up to 8 pm but plan to finish your event by 7 pm to leave time for cleanup and vacating the facility by 8 pm.
Your rental includes
- We have a variety of sample floor plans available.
- Our custodian will set up the tables and chairs per your floor plan.
- At the end of the event, the custodian will take down the tables and put them away.
- Please begin your cleanup 1 hour before your party ends, so you're ready to leave the building at the finish time shown on your rental contract.
- Wipe down the kitchen counters, sinks, and table tops. Paper towels are provided in the kitchen.
- Please don't dispose of coffee grounds or any other food particles down the sink drains.
- Recycling bins and garbage bags are provided.
- Be sure to remove all equipment and supplies at the end of your event as overnight storage isn't permitted.
- TV and projector screen*
- rectangular tables | 30 (2 m long x 0.8 m wide x 0.8 m high/6' L x 2.5' W x 2.5’ H) | 125 chairs
- preschool tables | 8 (1.2 m long x 0.6 m wide/4’ L x 2’ W) | preschool chairs | 30
- coat rack
- a variety of play balls and sports equipment
- limited preschool equipment–ride toys, teeter totter, slide, parachute
*Projector and/or TV available with an additional deposit.
If you're playing recorded music, a “SOCAN License” fee is required. This is a fee to play copyright-protected music in a public facility. The fee will be required at the time of booking.
Food service options
Propane barbeques are allowed in the outdoor park area.
- “Potluck” functions, (food dishes that are prepared in private homes and then served during the rental) are allowed when the food is prepared and served by volunteers for members of their own organization or for private events–like family gatherings, birthday and anniversary parties, and reunions.
- For public events and fundraisers you must use a licensed caterer or serve only pre-packaged, non-perishable food items (e.g., chips, packaged cookies, tea, and coffee).
- You're welcome to hire a licensed caterer. Please supply the booking clerk with the caterer’s business name, address and phone number. We will then contact the Fraser Health Department for verbal approval.
- Copies of your caterer's health permit and business license are required.
- For your convenience, Food Burnaby, the City's catering and event service, offers catering packages. Please call 604-205-3026 or email [email protected].
Willingdon Community Centre is wheelchair accessible.
- There are 2 separate entrances with automatic doors and an updated accessible single washroom.
- There are 2 designated parking spaces in the front (south side) parking lot.