COVID-19 Impacts in Burnaby

City Services

Was this page helpful? Yes | No

Noise & Sound Abatement

Is there a Noise Bylaw?

Yes, there is a bylaw that addresses the issue of noise -- the Burnaby Noise and Sound Abatement Bylaw (Number 7332) and Consolidated Amendment.

What Types of Noise Complaints are Received and Who Investigates Them?

The Burnaby Engineering Department Environmental Services Officer responds and investigates complaints related to:
  • Commercial/industrial noise
  • Residential noise
  • Construction noise
  • Vehicle alarm noise if vehicle is parked within private property
  • Any noise which disturbs the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort or convenience of the neighbourhood or persons in the vicinity
The RCMP is to be contacted for:
  • Building alarms
  • Vehicle alarms after Parking Management/Enforcement hours
  • Residential noise (party/stereo/band)
Parking Management/Enforcement is to be contacted for:
  • Vehicle alarm noise on roadways
The SPCA is to be contacted for:
  • Barking dogs
Parks and Recreation is to be contacted for:
  • Park events (concerts, festivals, or other events) at Deer Lake and Swangard Stadium.


For more information on the noise bylaw and its enforcement, please download Burnaby’s Noise and Sound Abatement Bylaw Brochure.

Who should I call?

Environmental Services Officer

During the day:
Burnaby Engineering Department: 604-294-7460
Monday to Wednesday, Friday 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM

After office hours:
Burnaby Dispatch: 604-294-7200

Parking Management/Enforcement

Phone: 604-570-3660
Monday to Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
(Contact RCMP outside these hours)


Phone: 604-646-9999


Phone: 604-291-7201

Parks and Recreation

Phone: 604-294-7450

Noise Variance Application

To apply for a Noise Variance, download and fill out the Application for Variance of Work Hour Restrictions.

  • Burnaby RCMP

    RCMP Burnaby suvMoreFind programs and services at Burnaby RCMP detachment.
  • Environmental Policies and Regulations

    MoreProtecting and enhancing Burnaby's diverse ecosystems.