Copyright - Disclaimer - Content Use Policy
Material on the City of Burnaby website is intended for research purposes and private use only. Any re-use, transmission, duplication or distribution without the express written permission of the City of Burnaby is not allowed. Written requests will be evaluated by the City using the Website Content Use Policy (see below).
The City website is not an official statement of City policy, bylaws, practice, procedure or services, and may not be used as such. It is intended only to give general information about the City.
While reasonable efforts are made to post only accurate information, the City cannot and does not guarantee that the information posted is current or correct. The City does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on its web page.
Links from the City of Burnaby’s website to third party websites are limited and governed by established guidelines that ensure that providing such links falls within our established mandate to serve the community while limiting liability risk on the part of the City. Links from the City of Burnaby’s website are provided for convenience and should not be construed to be an endorsement, recommendation or favouring of that party and its products or services by the City.
Communications made through this site's email and messaging system are for convenience only and shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City or any of its officers, agents, agencies, employees or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of actions or for any other purpose.
All comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information disclosed or offered to the City by this site, or in response to solicitations from this site (collectively, the "Comments") shall remain the property of the City. None of the Comments shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the City and the City shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of the Comments. Without limitation of the foregoing, the City shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to the Comments of every kind and nature throughout the world and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Comments for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Comments.
Website Content Use Policy
The City is committed to ensuring that the Burnaby website (www.burnaby.ca) is content rich, and provides useful, quality content. The City shall:
- Make reasonable efforts to keep material on the City of Burnaby website current, but can give no assurances in that regard.
- Post this policy on the city common network drive so that it is accessible to all employees.
- Provide a link to this policy from the footer which appears on all pages of the City of Burnaby website to an electronic copy of this policy so it is accessible from every page of the Burnaby website.
The material posted to the Burnaby website is placed in the public domain as a community information service for use by residents, students, tourists and businesses.
Conditions of Use
The use of photos, graphics, and text appearing on the Burnaby website is subject to the following conditions:
- May be used by others on their own websites if:
- It would bring positive attention to Burnaby and enhance awareness of the City's social, environmental or economic objectives.
- Promote Burnaby as a destination of choice for working, living or playing.
- Have potential value to the community as a whole.
- Shall be limited to use in public areas of the other website only (i.e. use of material in member-only or restricted areas of a site is prohibited).
- Shall be periodically checked on the source material on the Burnaby website, so that any updates made by the City of Burnaby are also incorporated into their website.
- Does not constitute endorsement of the other content on their website by the City of Burnaby.
- Use of photos, graphics:
- Shall only appear in areas of the other website which relate directly to the City of Burnaby and shall not be used in generic banners, advertising or other non-Burnaby related sections of the website.
- Shall reference the source of the photo or graphic by including the following statement, "Photo(s) (and/or graphic(s)) used with the permission of the City of Burnaby".
- Shall not be altered or edited in any way other than resizing of the whole image (i.e. cropping, stretching, or other forms of digital or manual manipulation are not permitted).
- Shall not use the City of Burnaby logo or coat of arms without written permission from the City of Burnaby.