Quiet walks through leafy woods, family picnics under shady trees and acres of grassy, gently sloped areas for play
Temporary barbecue ban
- A temporary ban on charcoal briquette barbecues and cooking stoves is now in full effect at all Burnaby parks and beaches.
- Propane barbecues and gas cooking stoves are permitted. You must stay with the barbecue or stove at all times while using it.
- As a reminder, all smoking is prohibited on parks and trails year-round.
Be Park Smart! Before visiting, please review our tips to help you enjoy and share our parks, trails and public spaces.
About Robert Burnaby Park
Located just south of Burnaby Lake, Robert Burnaby Park is the perfect destination for outdoor activities. Go for a walk or a jog on winding trails that follow the park's many creeks or visit the upper slope to swim, play tennis, picnic and more.
Welcome to one of Burnaby's most popular outdoor pools. Located in the southeast area of the park it's ideal for public swims, lessons or simply relaxing on the spacious pool deck. And there's lots of free parking too.
A network of easy to medium walking trails cover Robert Burnaby Park's forested creek ravine areas. They were built during the Great Depression of the 1930s.
This open area in the southeast corner of the park is close to the tennis courts. Picnic tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The baseball field is located off 4th St on the west side of the park.
Players throw a disk at the pin instead of hitting a golf ball on a this 9-hole course– like golf, the lowest score wins. The entrance is off Hill St.
3 tennis and pickleball courts are located north of the picnic/playground area.
Your dog will enjoy exploring this long off-leash area that extends along the BC Hydro right of way to a large open area in the north central area of the park.
Your leashed dog is welcome throughout the park, including other trails. Here are the areas where your isn't permitted, on or off-leash:
- environmentally sensitive areas like watercourses,
- in the playground and picnic area and
- where 'dogs not permitted' signs are posted.
What you need to know
- Propane barbeques and charcoal and open-flame barbeques are allowed at this park. Please use the on-site ash pits to safely dispose of hot ashes.
- Disc golf is first-come, first-served.
- Enjoy clean air at your favourite public park. Smoking has been banned in all City parks and multi-use paths since January 1, 2022.
Robert Burnaby Park offers wheelchair accessible parking and washrooms. If you have difficulty on hills or uneven ground, you may find the trails and access to the playground and picnic areas a little challenging.
The park, including trails, is open from dawn to dusk year round. The Robert Burnaby Outdoor Pool is open from the Victoria Day long weekend in May to Labour Day in September. The trails are always open.
8155 Wedgewood St, Burnaby
Follow Canada Way to 16th Ave, then left on 1st St.
There are 4 parking lots in the park and some street parking around the perimeter as well.
Visit TransLink Trip Planner.