Supporting education, supporting future
The City of Burnaby Bursary Award program encourages the City’s public secondary school students to pursue their post-secondary education and training. Burnaby has 8 public secondary schools and a $1,000 bursary is awarded to one student at each school.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Burnaby.
- Be in grade 12 and eligible to graduate (within the year of application) from a public secondary school in Burnaby School District 41.
- Enrolled/accepted to a post-secondary institution in Canada and registered in a minimum of 3 courses.
- Have demonstrated community involvement and volunteerism.
Each Burnaby public secondary school may nominate up to 3 bursary award recipients. Once the applications are reviewed by the Council’s Executive Committee, a City councillor or a designate will present the successful recipients with a certificate at the following council meeting.
2022 City of Burnaby Bursary Award recipients
- Alpha Secondary, Janet Nguyen
- Burnaby Central Secondary, Brandon Sun
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary, Maelle McCallum
- Burnaby North Secondary, Victoria Zhang
- Burnaby South Secondary, Min-Ji Kim
- Byrne Creek Secondary, Ryan Leung
- Cariboo Hill Secondary, Yeyang Ou
- Moscrop Secondary, Kassandra Sosa
You can call the Finance Department at 604-294-7362 or email [email protected].