Supporting education, supporting future
The City of Burnaby Bursary Award program encourages the City’s public secondary school students to pursue their post-secondary education and training. Burnaby has 8 public secondary schools and a $1,000 bursary is awarded to one student at each school.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Burnaby.
- Be in grade 12 and eligible to graduate (within the year of application) from a public secondary school in Burnaby School District 41.
- Enrolled/accepted to a post-secondary institution in Canada and registered in a minimum of 3 courses.
- Have demonstrated community involvement and volunteerism.
Each Burnaby public secondary school may nominate up to 3 bursary award recipients. Once the applications are reviewed by the Council’s Executive Committee, a City councillor or a designate will present the successful recipients with a certificate at a council meeting.
2023 City of Burnaby Bursary Award recipients
Congratulations to the 2023 recipients of the Burnaby Bursary Awards!
- École Alpha Secondary School, Michael Rae
- Burnaby Central Secondary School, Shiana Chand
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary School, Joshua Liu
- Burnaby North Secondary School, Cynthia Hsiao
- Burnaby South Secondary School, Lin Lin
- Byrne Creek Community School, Aleksandra Radoja
- École Cariboo Hill Secondary School, Asghar Shah
- Moscrop Secondary School, Sehar Fatima
You can call the Finance Department at 604-294-7362 or email [email protected].