Supporting education, supporting future
The City of Burnaby Bursary Award program encourages the City’s public secondary school students to pursue their post-secondary education and training. Burnaby has 8 public secondary schools and a $1,000 bursary is awarded to one student at each school.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Burnaby.
- Be in grade 12 and eligible to graduate (within the year of application) from a public secondary school in Burnaby School District 41.
- Enrolled/accepted to a post-secondary institution in Canada and registered in a minimum of 3 courses.
- Have demonstrated community involvement and volunteerism.
Each Burnaby public secondary school may nominate up to 3 bursary award recipients. Once the applications are reviewed by the Council’s Executive Committee, a City councillor or a designate will present the successful recipients with a certificate at the following council meeting.
2021 City of Burnaby Bursary Award recipients
- Alpha Secondary: Rachel Nguyen
- Burnaby Central Secondary: Ana-Maria Constantinescu
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary: Aries Fung
- Burnaby North Secondary: Sabrina Chan
- Burnaby South Secondary: Phuc Xuan An (Susan) Nguyen
- Byrne Creek Secondary: Alexei Villareal
- Cariboo Hill Secondary: Aleena Haq
- Moscrop Secondary: Julia Kropivny
2020 City of Burnaby Bursary Award recipients
- Alpha Secondary: Malaika Sahukhan
- Burnaby Central Secondary: Katelyn Son
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary: Donald Lin
- Burnaby North Secondary: Celina Zhong
- Burnaby South Secondary: Susan Chung
- Byrne Creek Secondary: Brien Avila
- Cariboo Hill Secondary: Nasira Kovari
- Moscrop Secondary: Burak Ozkan
You can call the Finance Department at 604-294-7362 or email [email protected].