Make a difference in your community
Work with your councillors, business leaders and community members to advise council on important issues and help Burnaby remain a great place to live, work, learn and play.
The City's committees, commissions and boards make decisions that impact you, our citizens. As a volunteer, you can be part of the decision-making process.
How to apply
The deadline to apply for Burnaby’s Transportation Committee is May 19.
If you applied for a position in 2023 your application is still on file. If you are interested in volunteering on the Transportation Committee please make sure your contact information is current.
- be a resident of Burnaby
- not be a current employee of the City
- have some experience or knowledge about the committee you're applying to
- serve the full term of your appointment—generally a 3 year term, with 1 reappointment for an additional term
- Once you submit your resume and application form, we process them per the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Local Government Act.
- Council members will review all the submissions. The mayor will then recommend the appointment of the successful candidates.
- We'll notify all the candidates about the results.
Being on a committee, commission or board is an unpaid volunteer position.
Legislative Services (formerly City Clerk)