Make a difference in your community
Work with your councillors, business leaders and community members to advise council on important issues and help Burnaby remain a great place to live, work, learn and play.
The City's advisory bodies and boards make decisions that impact you, our citizens. As a volunteer, you can be part of the decision-making process.
How to apply
The deadline to apply for 2024 vacancies was November 17, 2023.
You can apply for 2025 vacancies online. Check back in the fall of 2024 for open positions. We accept applications throughout the year. If you apply ahead of time, we'll send you notifications about any upcoming openings.
- be a resident of Burnaby
- not be a current employee of the City
- have some experience or knowledge about the committee you're applying to
- serve the full term of your appointment—generally a 3 year term, with 1 reappointment for an additional term
- Once you submit your resume and application form, we process them per the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Local Government Act.
- Council members will review all the submissions. The mayor will then recommend the appointment of the successful candidates.
- We'll notify all the candidates about the results.
- We encourage you to review the Terms of Reference for the advisory body or board and the Code of Conduct.
- All successful applicants will be asked to complete an RCMP information check prior to appointment. Instructions on the process will be provided by the Legislative Services Department at a later date.
Being on a committee, commission or board is an unpaid volunteer position.