The City reminds Burnaby property owners that 2022 property taxes are due July 5, after which a 5% late penalty will apply on the current year outstanding balance.
How to pay your property taxes:
- Internet, telephone banking or at most financial institutions/automated banking machines (ABM):
- Please check with your financial institution as some banks require up to 3 business days for payment processing. Payments made online or at your financial institution after the local bank cut off time and not received by the City by the due date will be considered late.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only at burnaby.ca/myproperty.
- A non-refundable 1.75% convenience fee will be applied to all credit card payments.
- 24-hour drop boxes are located in the parking lot and at both entrances to Burnaby City Hall, 4949 Canada Way.
- Please note: drop boxes are cleared daily.
- Drop your cheque with stub (payable to City of Burnaby) into the property tax drop boxes located at Bonsor Recreation Complex, Cameron Recreation Complex, Edmonds Community Centre and Eileen Daily Leisure Pool & Fitness Centre. These drop boxes will not be available after 5 pm on July 5, 2022.
- By mail to Burnaby Tax Office, 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby BC, V5G 1M2.
- Please make cheques payable to: City of Burnaby.
- Postmarks are not accepted as payment date.
- In-person (cheque, debit card or cash) at the Tax Office.
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday and Friday, 8 am-4:45 pm, and Thursday, 8 am-8 pm.
- Closed Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays.
Property tax notices will be mailed out at the end of May and should arrive by the first week of June. Property owners that opted to receive electronic copies of their notices (eBills) should receive their eBill by mid-May. If you did not receive your property tax, please contact the Tax Office at 604-294-7350.
Learn more: How to pay your property tax
A reminder that home owner grant applications are not accepted by the City and should be submitted directly to the Province of BC. Program details and eligibility requirements remain the same. To know if you qualify and apply for the grant, visit: gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant.