About this project
City of Burnaby is replacing the Fire Station 4 on Duthie Avenue with a new station in a new location, designed to meet the needs of our growing city.
The new facility will be on City-owned land on Greystone Drive, across from Squint Lake Park and directly adjacent to the Trans Mountain tank farm. It will replace the current Fire Station 4 on Duthie Avenue which was built in 1956. The new fire station is expected to be complete by the end of 2023.
Features of Fire Station 4:
- 15,000 square feet, on two levels
- 3 drive-through bays for vehicles
- separated decontamination space for crews
- seismically designed to meet post disaster standards
- low-carbon heating and operations