The spirit of the Giro di Burnaby is alive with the return of the Girolino for kids presented by Appia Development. Burnaby brings a pedal and dash event open to all kids aged 5-12 to the Confederation Park track. Helmets are mandatory and bikes must be in good working order to participate. Registration costs $5.
Location: Confederation Park
There are 3 different bike and run course lengths:
- Long course (8-12 years old): 1600 m bike/500 m run
- Medium course (8-12 years old): 1200 m bike/500 m run
- Mini course (5-7 years old): 400 m bike/200 m run
Cheer on the riders while enjoying food and fun activities for the whole family. Remember to bring a blanket or chair.
- 7:30-8:30 am - Bike check in*
- 8:45 am - Pre-race meeting
- 9 am - Race starts (staggered waves)
- 11 am - Barbecue sponsored by Burnaby Firefighters
- Noon - Victory lap
Medals for all presented by Mayor Hurley.
*Bike drop off takes place between 7:30-8:30 am at the south end of the Confederation Park track (located behind McGill Library).
Please note that the use of bikes on the Confederation Park track has been permitted for this one time only Girolino event.
If you have questions on race logistics, please email [email protected].