Book your ad space now
Advertising in the program guide is a great opportunity for your organization to reach an audience that enjoys a wide range of programs and activities. The guide will be available online at burnaby.ca/programguide or you can pick up a printed guide at any City of Burnaby recreation facility or library.
Booking is easy! Complete our ad booking request form and email your ad artwork to [email protected]. See deadlines listed below.
We distribute the program guide throughout Burnaby and have hundreds of downloads during the season from our website.
- online version of the program guide
- printed guides distributed to all City of Burnaby recreation facilities and libraries
|Ad size||Dimensions||Corporate rate||Non-profit|
|1/8 page (grayscale, horizontal)||3.5” wide x 2.25” high||$330 (1 issue)
$495 (2 issues)
$925 (4 issues)
|$165 (1 issue)
$250 (2 issues)
$465 (4 issues)
|1/4 page (grayscale, vertical)||3.5” wide x 4.5” high||$660 (1 issue)
$990 (2 issues)
$1,850 (4 issues)
|$330 (1 issue)
$495 (2 issues)
$925 (4 issues)
|1/2 page (grayscale, horizontal)||7.25” wide x 4.5” high||$990 (1 issue)
$1,485 (2 issues)
$2,775 (4 issues)
|$495 (1 issue)
$740 (2 issues)
$1,390 (4 issues)
|Full page (grayscale)||7.25” wide x 9.25” high||$1,650 (1 issue)
$2,475 (2 issues)
$4,600 (4 issues)
|$825 (1 issue)
$1,240 (2 issues)
$2,300 (4 issues)
|Inside cover (full page, colour with .25 bleed)||8” wide x 10.5” high||$2,250 (1 issue)||$2,250 (1 issue)|
Prices listed above are for camera-ready ads. Additional $50 per hour for Graphic Design services. Most design services require 1-2 hours of design time.
Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Should you wish to cancel your ad after submitting your ad request form, or you have not supplied your artwork by the specified deadline, you are still liable for the full payment of your ad. For further information, please call 604-297-4941.
Ad submission requirements
- Ad must be submitted as electronic artwork. Ad must be sized correctly.
- Two separate files are preferred, black/white (print) and colour (online)
- A printed copy of the ad must be provided (include crop marks if applicable).
- Ad resolution must be 300 dpi.
- Ad must be black & white for inside pages.
- Include the name of the organization in the electronic file name.
Accepted file formats
- PDF, TIFF or JPEG
- EPS (convert fonts to curves)
- Illustrator CS (convert fonts to curves)
The ad rates listed are for camera ready ads. Design costs are charged at $50 per hour (note: most design services require 1-2 hours of design time). Any modifications or edits to existing ads by our graphic designer is subject to a $50 design fee.
How to send ad files
- Send electronic ad files up to 5-megabytes to [email protected].
- Include in the email message a contact name and phone number.
Please note: Copy of the ad with its location in the program guide is emailed to the organization for reference purposes prior to printing. The City of Burnaby is not responsible for content errors in submitted electronic artwork. The City of Burnaby is not responsible if an ad is submitted or revised after the deadline.
Ad confirmation and payment
The completion of the ad booking request form by the organization requesting advertising space in the program guide confirms the ad.
Until a completed ad booking request form is received by the City of Burnaby, no formal agreement is in place.
By completing the ad booking request form the organization requesting advertising space understands the guidelines and requirements of the program guide advertising program and is in agreement with it.
Upon receipt of the ad booking request form, the City of Burnaby will issue an invoice.
Payment, in full, is required within 30 days of receipt of the invoice. Overdue amounts are charged interest of 2% per month.
Upon publication, a copy of the program guide is mailed to organizations with ads in that issue.
Ad placement within the program guide is at the discretion of the City of Burnaby. However, ads are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Ad space is limited and the City of Burnaby cannot guarantee acceptance of an advertisement or its location.
Should the organization wish to cancel the ad after the ad booking request form is completed, the organization is liable for full payment of the ad.
The City of Burnaby reserves the right to reject any advertising proposal, and to select advertisers based on criteria established by the City, that may include, but is not limited to location of the organization, compatibility of products and services advertised with Burnaby Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services programs, remuneration to the City and available advertising space in the program guide.
- Display of an advertisement in the program guide does not constitute endorsement of the content by the City of Burnaby.
- Advertising that promotes an individual political party or politician are not permitted.
- Advertisements must be non-partisan, non-racial, non-denominational, non-sexist and non-political.
- Specific registration information (e.g. start and end dates, times and pricing) is not permitted in ads that promote programs or classes.
- Advertisements that are meant to be a coupon or cut-out promotion are not permitted.
- Advertisements that promote drug, alcohol, tobacco or vaping products are not permitted.
- Advertising cannot be in conflict with any law, regulation, code, policy, by-law, standard or guideline established by the City of Burnaby, the provincial and federal governments.
- Advertisements that promote products prohibited from sale to minors in such a way as to appeal particularly to persons under the legal age are not permitted.
- Any agreement that the City of Burnaby enters into with an advertiser shall not influence or determine the supply of goods or services to the City of Burnaby beyond the terms of the advertising agreement.
- Preference is given to advertising that is positive in nature to the welfare of the community and that generally promotes a healthy active lifestyle and attitude towards all citizens.
- Advertising space is sold on the basis that the “life” of the ad is limited to the “shelf life” of the program guide in which it appears.