Permits & Applications

Apply for your permits

Find all the information you need to apply for your permits below. Can't find what you're looking for? Visit our related links or contact the department directly for assistance.

Need to pay an invoice?

Pay your building, engineering and planning invoices online by credit card on

My Permits Portal will be unavailable Sunday, April 21 from 6 am until 6 pm on Monday, April 22 due to a system upgrade. 

Account holders will need to validate their accounts after the upgrade. We recommend you log in now and note down the email address you used to register for your account, as you will need this information to validate your account on April 23. Read our questions being asked about the April 2024 upgrade.

For buildings with newly designed structures that require existing service connections to be adjusted. 

New! You can now apply for your Service Connection Adjustment Application online by logging into My Permits Portal.

If you need assistance with this new process or with your My Permits Portal account, please reach out to the Engineering Department. 

Additional Information:

Older/original homes were serviced by connections to City sewers that were appropriate for that time. Many new homes are being designed with basements in mind, which results in the need for deeper foundations. Service connections may need to be adjusted either by increasing their depth, or their location.

Before a building design is completed/approved, the designer/owner/builder should find out if the existing service connection(s) and location of connection(s) meets the newly designed structure. 

Was this page useful?