Animal Control & Burnaby SPCA

Learn about all the animal-related services we offer and how to report animal abuse or lost pets.

The Burnaby - British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Burnaby SPCA) provides animal control services and enforces related bylaws on behalf of the City. The animal control bylaw ensures our residents and animals remain safe and healthy.

Burnaby SPCA provides a range of animal-related services. Call 604-291-7201 for the following issues:

  • animal abuse, barking dogs, dog bites and attacks
  • rescuing stray animals
  • adopting animals
  • removing dead animals from streets or public areas
  • lost pets

I found dead wildlife on my property, what do I do?
Small deceased wild animals can be buried or put in the garbage. For larger animals on private property, you may need to contact a waste removal company for help.

Dead birds
Mosquitoes can transmit West Nile virus from birds to people. Although the virus isn’t transmitted from animals to humans, avoid handling dead birds with your bare hands. If you find a dead bird with a leg band, record the letters and numbers and contact the Ministry of Environment at 1-866-431-2473.

For more information on West Nile virus, contact HealthLinkBC or the BC Centre for Disease Control.

Reporting barking dogs

Email or post a written report with the following details:

  • location of the dog
  • dates and times of occurrence
  • your name, address and daytime phone number


3202 Norland Ave
Burnaby, BC
V5B 3A6 

Email: [email protected]

New kitten or cat rebate

Burnaby offers a $15 rebate when you spay or neuter your kitten or cat. To get the refund, bring your cat's spay or neuter certificate to the Burnaby SPCA along with proof of your Burnaby residency. Each household can only apply for a maximum of 2 rebates.

If you can't go to the Burnaby SPCA in person or need more information, you can call the Licence Office at 604-294-7320 or email [email protected].

Found a dog licence tag?

If you find a Burnaby dog licence tag, call 604-294-7320 for information on returning the tag to the pet's owner.

Visitor information

BC SPCA Burnaby Community Animal Centre

Contact Us

Cruelty Report and Wildlife Support Line (Toll free)
[email protected]


3202 Norland Avenue
Burnaby BC Canada
V5B 3A6

Get Directions


Monday - Friday: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm

Holiday Hours:

Closed on statutory holidays

Viewing and adoption hours

Monday - Friday, 12-5 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 12-4 pm

Wheelchair accessibility

Burnaby SPCA is not wheelchair accessible and may pose difficulties for those with mobility issues. If you have mobility issues and plan to visit the facility, call us before your visit to discuss your needs.


Was this page useful?