> Home > City Services > Permits & Licences > Licences

City Services

Was this page helpful? Yes | No


The Burnaby Licence Office issues licences to Businesses and Home-Based Businesses operating in the City, Dog Licences and Commercial Vehicle Licences. From these pages, you can download the applications, forms and fee information that you need.

The Province of British Columbia issues Marriage and Liquor licenses, and ICBC issues Driver's licenses.

Metro West Inter-Municipal Business Licence

As of October 1, 2013, construction- and trades-related businesses based in Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Delta, Richmond or Vancouver may be eligible for an Inter-municipal Business Licence. The licence will allow eligible businesses to work in all of these municipalities for a single fee, rather than obtaining additional non-resident licences for each municipality in which they operate outside of Burnaby.
Find out more »


Contact Us

If you have any questions, to submit an application or report a licensing concern, please contact the Licence Office at Burnaby City Hall.  We can be reached at:

Burnaby Licensing Office
Phone: 604-294-7320
Fax: 604-294-7163
Burnaby City Hall
4949 Canada Way
Burnaby B.C. V5G 1M2 | Map

Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM Monday - Friday with extended hours 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Thursdays.
  • Dog Licences

    Dog LicenseMoreDoes your dog have its annual licence?

  • Liquor Licence

    Liquor licenceMoreGet a license to sell or serve liquor, including at weddings and banquets.
  • Marriage Licence

    Marriage licenceMoreLearn how to get married in British Columbia.

ICBC Driver Licensing