Snow and Ice Removal Continues

Posted January 16, 2017

City crews and equipment will be working this week to:

  • Clear catch basins in anticipation for this week’s thawing and rainfall events
  • Clear wheelchair ramps and bus stops of compacted snow and ice
  • Sweep and clear main roadways and priority routes of sand abrasives

Remove snow from catch basins and storm drains. Keeping catch basins and storm drains on your street clear of snow helps prevent flooding when snow melts. Report problems to our 24-hour service line at 604-294-7200.

Locate catch basins using the Burnaby Map:

  1. Select Layers button
  2. Expand Engineering Operations option > Infrastructure
  3. Select Storm > Catchbasin > Zoom into your street

Motorists are advised to be prepared for changing road conditions. Attention should be paid to water pooling around roadways due to forecasted rainfall this week.

Hazardous conditions, downed trees, potholes, and localized flooding can be reported to our 24-hour Emergency Dispatch at 604-294-7200. Non-emergency requests can be reported to 604-294-7460. We appreciate your patience as we work towards removing snow and ice in as many areas as possible. View Snow and Ice Control Information and Our Role as a City.

 > Home > City Services > Permits & Licences > Licences > Dog Licence

City Services

Was this page helpful? Yes | No

Dog Licence

Does your dog have a licence for the current year? Burnaby's Animal Control Bylawrequires that dog owners purchase a licence for their dogs. There is a limit of three dogs per household. Dog licences may be purchased at the Burnaby City Hall, the Burnaby Animal Shelter-SPCA, or at any participating Burnaby Veterinary Clinics.

If you require further information, please Contact the Licence Office.

Information & Fees

Dogs over the age of four months are required to wear an annual dog licence tag. These can be purchased at:

  • The Burnaby Licence Office, City Hall at 4949 Canada Way 
  • The Burnaby Animal Shelter-SPCA at 3202 Norland Avenue
    Building Accessibility Information
  • Participating Burnaby veterinary clinics

To first obtain your dog licence, print and complete the Burnaby Dog Licence form and submit it with the appropriate fee to the Licence Office. This can be done in person or by mail. Fees are payable by cash, cheque, Interac or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) using the Credit Card Payment form. Per the City of Burnaby Fee Recovery Bylaw 13640; for payments made by credit card a fee of 1.75% will be charged at the time of the transaction to recover the costs the City of Burnaby pays for accepting credit cards as payment.

If your dog has been spayed or neutered or you are changing your licence renewal class type from unaltered to spayed/neutered, please note that proof of the procedure (veterinary certificate) is required upon request.

To renew your dog licence by Credit Card please use our Online Renewal Service.

Note: All information is collected under the authority of the Community Charter, Division 6. Information collected may be shared with the BC SPCA who is contracted by the City of Burnaby to enforce the Burnaby Animal Control Bylaw, 1991. Personal information is protected pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. For further information please contact the City of Burnaby Licence Office, 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1M2 or call 604-294-7320.

Annual Dog Licence Fees

Prior to  March 1
March 1
and later
Each spayed or neutered dog $28.00 $39.00
Each unaltered dog $55.00 $66.00
Each vicious* dog - spayed or neutered $105.00  $105.00 
Each vicious* dog - unaltered $158.00  $158.00  


Transfer to new owner $11.00
Transfer to replacement dog $11.00



Licence Tag $6.00
  • Renew Dog Licence Online

    imageMoreRenew before March 1, 2017 and save!
  • Animal Control

    Animal ControlMore Report a lost, found or troublesome animal.
  • Burnaby Animal Shelter

    Animal shelterMoreThe BC SPCA provides Burnaby's animal shelter.
  • Stanley Park Ecology Society

    EcologyMore Learn about urban wildlife and co-existing with coyotes.
  • Wildlife Health Program

    Wildlife MoreFound a sick wild animal or bird? Report it to the BC government.