Open Council meetings are held Monday evenings two or three times a month at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers at Burnaby City Hall. Summer Council meetings are held every second Monday with only one meeting in August. Council meetings are not held in weeks during which a statutory holiday occurs. View the schedule. Open Council meetings are broadcast live and are later archived and made available for viewing any time.
Search and view proceedings of City Council, including meeting agendas, minutes, reports and public hearings via:
If you wish to Appear as a Delegation or submit an item of correspondence for inclusion on the Agenda, your request or submission must be received by the Office of the City Clerk by noon on the Wednesday before the Council Meeting. Please address correspondence to Mayor and Council.
Council Agendas are available to the public at 4:30 PM on the Friday before a Council Meeting.
- Hard copies of Agendas are available for viewing at the Office of the City Clerk in Burnaby City Hall.
- View Agendas from January 2015 to present.
- For agendas from the 1970s to 2014, please visit Heritage Burnaby, or contact the City of Burnaby Archives.
The City Clerk is statutorily responsible for the recording and preservation of Council minutes and proceedings. Minutes are available to the public following their adoption at the next Council meeting.
Please note that Council minutes are records of actions taken and not a verbatim transcript of the meeting. The Community Charter requires that all actions of Council be undertaken by either resolution or bylaw.
- View Council Meeting Minutes from January 2015 to present.
- For minutes prior to January 2015, please visit Heritage Burnaby, or contact the City of Burnaby Archives.
Reports reviewed and considered by Council are either in the form of a Committee Report or a Manager's Report. Committee Reports are produced by a Committee and forwarded on to Council for approval. Council has the authority to approve any recommendations held within the report. Manager's Reports are produced by City Directors and are forwarded on to Council for approval through the City Manager's Office. Council has the authority to approve any recommendations held within the report.
- View Reports from January 2015 to present.
- For reports prior to January 2015, please visit Heritage Burnaby, or contact the City of Burnaby Archives.