COVID-19 Update: Starting in January, proof of full vaccination (2 doses of vaccine) will be required for in-person attendance at Council meetings.
Council meetings will continue to be streamed online for your convenience. You can virtually attend a council meeting on your computers and phones.
If you’re unable to attend or view a particular meeting, don’t worry. We archive meetings for up to 2 years for you to watch at your convenience.
Council meets regularly to debate and decide on issues that concern you. As a resident, you can observe council meetings and give your input. These meetings also offer you a chance to hear all the arguments and understand the reason behind council's decisions.
Meetings are held at Burnaby City Hall twice a month on Monday evenings at 5 pm. During the year, two meetings will be held in the community. Please check the calendar to confirm date and location details as COVID-19 restrictions may still be in place.
You can present an issue to the council by being on the agenda, as an individual or a group:
- Inform the city clerk by 12 pm on Wednesday before the meeting by submitting a letter, email or fax to the mayor and council. Include a subject, your name, address, phone number, email address and send it to:
Mayor and Council
Office of the City Clerk
Burnaby City Hall
4949 Canada Way
Burnaby, BC, V5G 1M2
Email your request to [email protected] or fax it to the City Clerk at 604-294-7537.
- Council may hear 2 delegations per meeting at the start of the session. Once the 2 delegation limit is met, additional requests will be moved to the next available council meeting.
- You’ll be allowed 10 minutes for your presentation, after which the council may ask questions or make comments.
- If 2 or more delegations wish to address a similar topic, only 1 delegation may address the council either in favour or against the subject. You will be heard in the order you submit your application to the clerk.
- If there are many similar viewpoints, the clerk will contact the speakers to combine their presentations and pick one representative to appear before the council.