We value your input
A petition is a way for you, your neighbours and fellow community members to share concerns or issues with council. Once received, it will be presented to council.
If you want to submit a petition to the council or a committee, your request must:
- address the council or a committee
- state the matter you're supporting or opposing on each page of the document
- contain the printed names, addresses and signatures of the petitioners
- be received by the Legislative Services' office by Wednesday noon, before the council or committee meeting
- be legible and use respectful language
You'll need to submit the original pages of the petition by mail.
4949 Canada Way
Burnaby, BC, V5G 1M2
Email: [email protected]
Public record information
Once you submit correspondence to us, it becomes part of the public record. It will be published once your matter or issue is before the council or a committee. We will also disclose your address as part of this record.