Burnaby, BC – The City of Burnaby will open registrations for the spring season on March 6. Download the Spring Program Guide to browse and shortlist programs to easily find your favourites when registrations open.
Registrations for Burnaby residents open at 10 am on:
- Monday, March 6 for recreation programs
- Tuesday, March 7 for arts and heritage programs
- Wednesday, March 8 for swimming lessons
General registration will open at 10 am on March 10 for recreation, arts and heritage programs and March 13 for swimming lessons.
Earlier this year, our aquatics team transitioned to the Lifesaving Society Swim for Life program, which replaces the Canadian Red Cross Swim Kids program. To find your child’s new swim lesson level, visit Burnaby.ca/SwimLessons.
Families are reminded that children can only be registered in 1 set of swim lessons at a time. You may register your child for the next set of lessons only after the completion of the lesson set they are currently registered in. Your child may be withdrawn from a swimming program if registered in more than 1 lesson set per season.
Burnaby offers a wide variety of programming for different ages this season, including:
- Seniors: 55+ bus trips, active aging cardio drumming, Zumba®, munchies & a movie, tai chi, and line dancing
- Adults: drop-in dance classes or K-pop at Bonsor, ballet, jazz or watercolour at Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, or cycling, barre, and kickboxing at our recreation facilities
- Youth: kayaking, creative writing, weight training, or hip hop dance
- Children: in-line skating lessons, ballet, acro dance, budding engineers and Pro-D Day camp
- Preschoolers: Busy Bees, play to learn preschool, tiny tot soccer and babytime music & movement
For more details or to download the Spring Program Guide, visit Burnaby.ca/ProgramGuide.
Learn how to register and prepare in advance for registration day: Burnaby.ca/HowtoRegister.
Update as of March 7: Many residents registering for programs this week have been experiencing delays as there is an urgency for many programs. We are working to resolve the issue by increasing our registration system’s capacity and our phones and registration desks are also fully staffed. Later this year, we will roll out a new system we believe will significantly improve the registration process and provide the kind of service our residents expect.
Manager, Public Affairs
Public Affairs Office
604-570-3616 | [email protected]