Looking for account details from our previous WebReg system?
You can view your customer account details from our previous registration system until March 15, 2024. Not sure what level to register your child for swimming or skating lessons? Check your account details: Burnaby.ca/OldWebReg.
Register for activities with our new and improved WebReg
The City has enhanced our online parks, recreation and culture activity registration system, WebReg, with a more modern system. This new user-friendly system has new features including greater capacity for more customers to register online at the same time, an improved navigation and search function, a personal calendar feature for you to view your family’s registered activities with ease, and mobile-friendly functionality that enables registration across mobile devices. You can learn how to use our new WebReg by viewing the instructional video below.
This improved system will make it easier for you to view, find and register for activities so you can spend less time online and more time staying active!
Account information from the previous WebReg system has been transferred to the new system. Users who had an email in the former system can re-activate their account right away by signing into the new system with their email and selecting “forgot your password” to set up a password. Users who did not have an email in the former system will need to visit or call a Burnaby recreation or arts facility for assistance to re-activate their account. Users are encouraged to claim their online account and explore the new WebReg features ahead of fall registration in September.
Register online on WebReg
With our new online registration system, it’s easy to browse and enroll in any activity. New WebReg includes a queuing system to save your place in line. We encourage you to register online as it will be faster than lining up in our facilities or calling us.
Online registration using WebReg is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Note: With our new WebReg system, the City will be sending email communications from [email protected]. You'll receive a transaction confirmation email once enrolled in an activity with payment details. For those wait listed, a transaction confirmation email will also be sent with a $0.00 balance.
Take a look at our short videos to help you navigate our new online registration system.
Register by phone
Have your credit card ready to register and pay by phone. We accept VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
Phone-in registration hours vary from location to location.
Recreation facility phone numbers
- Bill Copeland: 604-297-4521
- Burnaby Art Gallery: 604-297-4422
- Burnaby Village Museum: 604-297-4565
- Bonsor: 604-297-4597
- Cameron: 604-297-4452
- Christine Sinclair: 604-320-2222
- Edmonds: 604-297-4838
- Eileen Dailly: 604-298-7946
- Kensington: 604-297-4535
- Shadbolt: 604-297-4440
- Willingdon: 604-297-4526
- Youth Services - find youth centres contact information on the recreation facility page.
Plan ahead for registration
Please have the following ready for registration day.
- Ensure you have re-activated your online account if you’ve had an email address in former WebReg. Not sure if you’ve had an account with us, please call a recreation or arts facility. Do not create a new account.
- Add activities to your Wish List.
- Log-in prior to the registration date to ensure you have access.
- Add family members to your account prior to registration opening.
- Store your credit card information on file for a quicker checkout.
- We recommend the person who will be registering family members is the main contact on the account.
- Call a recreation or arts facility if you have any issues accessing your online account in advance of registration day.
Booking online is quicker than booking over the phone or lining up in facilities.
- Go to Burnaby.ca/WebReg (system is best optimized on the latest versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browsers).
- Log-in to your online registration account prior to registration opening.
- Ensure that the main account user is the person who logs in and that you’ve saved a credit card for faster check out.
- Know the barcode # for the activities you want to register for or pull your Wish List up of previously favourited activities.
- Refresh your browser right when registration opens. The system will not automatically refresh.
- Select activities for all family members first, then pay for all activities at once. Activities must be paid when you register to secure your spot.
- If activities are full, join the wait list. If we have a cancellation, we will contact those on the wait list in the order that they were added.
As of January 2023, swim lessons have changed. The new program is called the Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life and swim levels are different from Red Cross. If you are not sure what level to register in, please call any recreation facility in advance of registration day.
- If you passed a level in private lessons, you will need to call or come in person to register. You will not be able to register online.
- If you passed a level outside of Burnaby, we will need to see the report card before you can register. If you do not have a report card, you can do an evaluation during first half hour of any family swim time. We recommend you arrange for this in advance of registration day.
Courses must be paid for when you register.
Please have your credit card number, expiry date and CVC number ready for phone-in or online registration.
Course fees must be paid when you register.
We accept cash, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, debit card or personal cheques (make cheques payable to the City of Burnaby). A $35.00 charge will be applied to all dishonoured cheque and credit card payments.
Prices for courses don't include taxes. Taxes are added at the time of payment, where applicable.
If you want to register for a seniors 55+ activity, you'll need to purchase a 55+ membership.
We offer 2 kinds of membership:
- Single-centre membership: $20.30 per year
- Multi-centre membership: $50.75 per year
If you usually take part in activities at one centre, the single-centre membership might be right for you. If you enjoy joining activities in more than one of our 4 centres, a multi-centre membership is the more economical choice.
If you’re a Burnaby citizen 90 years or older, please contact your local 55+ Centre regarding a lifetime membership.
Find out more about our 55+ seniors centre activities.
If you requested City staff to store your credit card for future use as a part of your transaction, you have agreed to the encrypted storage and future use of your credit card to pay for City of Burnaby parks, recreation and culture services in full or as part of a payment plan. There is no expiration date for this agreement, however, this agreement can be changed or cancelled at any time by you or the City by notifying the other party in writing or by telephone. Please note: The City does not store your credit card information directly in our systems; but instead uses an encrypted (tokenized) version of limited data to process the payment when authorized by the customer. Should you have any question regarding the storage of your credit card in a tokenized format, please contact any of our recreation or art facilities.
Cancellations and refunds
A new refund procedure is in effect for registered activities and passes/memberships that start or were purchased July 18, 2023 or later. All drop-in activities and memberships purchased before July 18, 2023 are subject to the old refund procedure.