Honour and recognize National Indigenous Peoples Day by joining us for a free community celebration at Edmonds Park and Plaza, 7433 Edmonds Street.
The celebration of Indigenous culture in partnership with Spirit of the Children Society, will begin at noon and will run until 5 pm, featuring a variety of performances that include dance, spoken word, storytelling and artisans, including:
- Métis singer Sandy Scofield
- Plains Cree poet/rapper and spoken word artist Tawahum
- Tsatsu Stalqayu (Coastal Wolf Pack) - A traditional Coast Salish song and dance group
- Waceya Métis Society performance featuring jigging and traditional Métis music
- Haida Hoop Dancer Raven (Jane Wylie) with drumming from Starchild
- Art activities featuring works from local Indigenous talent
- Indigenous storytelling
- Indigenous artisans featuring original works, prints, jewelry, beadwork, leatherwork and more!
The event is family friendly and free to attend. With a SkyTrain station nearby, residents are encouraged to leave their car at home and take transit or choose an active transportation option such as walking or cycling.
|Noon||Welcome & Opening|
|12:10 pm||Chésha7 iy lha men̓s|
|1:15 pm||Raven (Jane Wylie) with Starchild|
|2:00 pm||Tsatsu Stalqyu (Coastal Wolfpack)|
|2:45 pm||Waceya Métis Society|
|4:15 pm||Sandy Scofield|