This year's 33rd anniversary performance of Symphony in the Park will transport listeners to other worlds, whether it’s the gritty streets of New York (Leonard Bernstein’s West Side Story), the story of an alien visitor (Adventures on Earth (Theme from E.T.) by John Williams) or one of the greatest love stories of all time (Tchaikovsky’s Romeo & Juliet - Fantasy Overture).
Come early for free family activities, bring a blanket or chair and a picnic and settle in for a wonderful evening with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
Just a reminder that parking in the vicinity is limited, so alternate transportation is recommended.
- 2-7 pm: Musical Play Zone—Try your hand at traditional Chinese instruments, plus a colouring station!
- 5:30-6 pm: Prelude Concert featuring the VSO School of Music’s Azalea Chinese Music Ensemble
- 7 pm: Main Concert with the VSO led by Maestro Otto Tausk
- Oh Canada
- Bernstein: Candide: Overture
- Bernstein: West Side Story, Selections (Mason)
- Williams: Adventures on Earth (Themes from E.T.)
- Donkin: Hopewell Cape
- Stravinsky: Firebird: Berceuse and Finale
- Smetana: Ma Vlast: No. 2 The Moldau (Vltava)
- Tchaikovsky: Romeo & Juliet Fantasy-Overture
- Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture (with cut)
- Brahms: Hungarian Dances: No. 5