For over 30 years, Symphony in the Park has been a summer favourite, not only to the residents of Burnaby, but to patrons from the all over the region. This free, outdoor concert features the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra performing exceptional symphonic music surrounded by the beauty of Burnaby’s Deer Lake Park.
This year's performance of Symphony in the Park will transport listeners to other worlds, whether it’s the story of British spy (Monty Norman’s James Bond Theme), an adventure through another galaxy (Suite for Orchestra: III. Imperial March by John Williams) or the tale of a young wizard (William’s Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone I. Hedwig's Theme).
Come early for free family activities and food trucks, bring a blanket or chair and a picnic and settle in for a wonderful evening with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
Just a reminder that parking in the vicinity is limited, so alternate transportation is recommended.
Conductor: David Bui
- Coast Salish Anthem
- Barber of Seville, The: Overture (Italian) - Rossini
- Carmen: Suite No. 1 - Bizet
- Pomp and Circumstance: March No. 1, Op. 39 - Elgar
- Jurassic Park: Highlights – Williams, Custer
- James Bond Theme – Ford, Norman
- Austin Powers Medley
- Star Wars: Suite for Orchestra I. Main Title - Williams
- Samson and Delila: Danse Bacchanale – Saint-Saëns
- Through the Lions' Gate: The Mountains - Baker
- Hook: The Flight to Neverland - Williams
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone I. Hedwig's Theme – Williams
- Cavalleria Rusticana: Intermezzo - Mascagni
- E.T.: Adventures on Earth - Williams
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: Raiders March - Williams
- Star Wars: Suite for Orchestra: III. Imperial March - Williams
Questions and answers
Yes, there will be a number of food trucks on site!
- Rocky Point
- JJ's Hot Cobs
- Cravings Kettle Corn
- Groovin' Grills
- Kyu Grill
- The Jerk Shack
- Yo Bones BBQ
- Brownie Bakers
- Super Thai
This event draws a very large crowd to the park. Visitors are encouraged to leave their pets at home. Service animals with proper identification are permitted.
- lawn chairs
- refillable water bottles
- dress for the weather – jackets, hats, sunscreen and sunglasses
- outside food is permitted
- large tents, tarps, umbrellas, or other items that will block the view of others
- barbeques or fires
- professional video or audio recording devices