Convenient for your guests–centrally located and close to transit and hotels
Located in the heart of Burnaby near the Metropolis at Metrotown Shopping Centre, the Bonsor Recreation Complex offers a central location for your next event. It's close to SkyTrain, major bus routes and hotels.
Bonsor offers a number of versatile rooms to suit your function. The room capacity can vary, depending on the set-up.
This lovely outdoor space is accessible from the active studio and the banquet hall. A small balcony patio is accessible from the arts room.
- For private socials, dance practice and birthday parties
- 165 sq. m (1,800 sq. ft.) (approximate)
- Maximum capacity: 100 people
- Mirrored walls
- Built-in sound system
- Pull-down screen
- Access to outdoor patio
- Kitchen facilities–stove, oven, refrigerator and sink
- For wedding receptions, large socials, banquets and trade shows
- 330 sq. m (3,534 sq. ft.) hardwood floor with 40 sq. m (416 sq. ft.) stage
- Maximum capacity: 300 people
- Built-in sound system
- Warming kitchen (2 stoves, 3 ovens and fridge)
For an additional charge:
- Laser projector ($99.00)
- For informal meetings and workshops
- 140 sq. m (1,500 sq. ft.)
- Maximum capacity: 80 people
- Sink for clean-up
- For birthday parties, socials, meetings and workshops
- 190 sq. m (2,025 sq. ft.) (both rooms combined) | maximum capacity 110
- Multi 1: 90 sq. m (975 sq. ft.) | maximum capacity 50 people
- Multi 2: 98 sq. m (1,050 sq. ft.) | maximum capacity 60 people
- Folding wall can divide the space into multi-purpose rooms 1 & 2
- Each multi-purpose room contains:
- Sound system
- Double sinks, (Multi 1 also has stove, oven, fridge & microwave)
- your choice of round or rectangular tables with chairs
- room set-up and take-down
The following items are available for additional fees:
- Projector (banquet hall only)
- Portable bar
- Coffee/tea urns
- TV’s and DVD players
- Flipcharts/whiteboards/cordless microphones
Additional fees for liability insurance may be applicable.
All rentals are required to comply with Fire, Health and Safety and City Bylaws.
When you rent space in our City facilities, you must carry a commercial general liability insurance. For an additional fee, our allotment clerk can arrange liability insurance for you–or you can provide your own proof of liability insurance, provided it meets City of Burnaby requirements.